Tips to FUNDRAISING Success:
1. Make your own gift.
2. Start Now: The earlier you begin fundraising, the better off you’ll be.
3. Participant Center: One of the great features of our website is the personal participant center where you can upload a photo of yourself or your team, write a little bit about your mission and reason for running/walking, and create a fundraising goal. From this site you can send an email to everyone on your contact list and invite them to visit the website.
4. Send Emails to family and friends, explaining what Community Options’ Cupid’s Chase is all about and ask for their support. Suggestion: Always ask for more than you expect. Example: If you want $25, ask for $50.
5. Email Signature: Add a link to your fundraising page in your email signature. The more people who know you are fundraising and how they can support you, the more money you will raise.
6. Social Media: Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter allow you to reach your friends, their friends, and their friends’ friends. Make sure you share personal stories on your social media pages when asking for donations. The more you share, the more likely others are to support you.
8. Matching Gifts: Make sure to ask if your company matches charitable gifts. This is a great and easy way to double your donations!
9. 5 for 10: Ask 5 friends to make a gift of $10 each.
10. Jeans Anyone?: Arrange a dress-down day at work. Anyone dressing down will have to pay $5. Be sure you have a sign that says, “Please excuse our appearance today, we are dressing down to benefit Community Options' Cupid’s Chase.” You could arrange these on a monthly basis.
11. Bake for Cause: Hold a Friday bake sale at work so employees will have treats for the weekend. Wrap baked good attractively so they can be given as gifts.
12. Remind Them: If you didn’t receive an answer the first time you asked, ask again! Your potential donor may need a little coaxing.
13. Tell your story: The more you talk about Cupid's Chase the more people will want to support you.
14. Right Amount: Take a good look at who you’re asking for donations and make sure you ask for the right amount. Don’t ask for $100 if you know someone could give a $1,000.
15. A Good Gift Idea: Ask for a gift to Community Options’ Cupid's Chase for your birthday or the holidays.